Who is This Course For?
- Pastors who want to grow their skills in pastoral counseling.
- Christian counselors who want to integrate biblical principles in their counseling approach.
- Lay counselors who want to bring healing to those in the local church.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to care for loved ones from a biblical and clinically-informed perspective.
What Will I Learn?
This course gives a grand circle tour of various emotional, relational, and spiritual topics and provides a foundation for gaining a mastery of counseling skills from a biblical perspective. The class will equip you to help others:
- Understand Emotions
- Assess Personality Types
- Manage Depression and Anxiety
- Process Anger and Intense Emotions
- Approach Mental Illness
- Overcome Addiction
- Heal from Codependency
- Prepare Singles for Marriage
- Improve Marriage and Relationship Issues
- Understand Relationship Dynamics
- Foster Better Communication
- Find Healing Through Forgiveness
- Navigate Family Conflict
- Implement New Parenting Strategies
- Embrace Healthy Self-Care
Five Hours of Video
Engaging video lectures with every lesson.
Notes and Worksheets
Downloadable and print-ready resources.
Comment forums with the instructor.
Certificate of Completion
Six hours of continuing education credit.*
*If you are a professional counselor, check with your credentialing board for requirements around CEUs and if coursework in pastoral counseling will qualify.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tres Adames is a Board Certified Pastoral Counselor (BCPC#0791) and the Director of Arizona Christian Counseling in Phoenix, Arizona. Tres received his Master of Divinity (MDiv) from Wesley Biblical Seminary and Bachelor of Arts from Asbury University. He is on the Board of the Pacific Region of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC) and a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC). He has previously taught on the faculty of the College of Theology at Grand Canyon University.
Reviews from Students
Life-giving. I learned a lot about myself as we were reviewing the material. We all have similar struggles, and God will always help us find a way to overcome them. God will always send us who and what we need. I would absolutely recommend this course. I believe that we all need to learn to love and help one another.
I desired to learn more about how people think, behave, and act—what makes them tick. In learning that, I learned how to meet them in their need and encourage them. Even if you don’t counsel others, this course can give you insight and confidence in talking to and encouraging others.
I took this class to help me better serve and understand others. I learned that people have real issues and most want to be helped or shown how to overcome those issues. Would I recommend this course to others? Yes!!!
This training will help lay the groundwork for gaining a mastery in helping others from a biblical and clinically-informed perspective.